One of Cap the Gap’s signature projects is our Christmas Giving program. Each foster child who participates in our program submits a wish list to Cap the Gap. Next, each child’s wish list is forwarded to a willing sponsor who purchases gifts to help fulfill his/her Christmas dreams. Sponsors are asked to spend between $150 and $200 per child. A child may be shared by several sponsors.
Thanks to the kindness of our donors, Cap the Gap also provides full stocked backpacks to all school age children, $25 gift cards to honor each child’s birthday, high school graduation gifts, camp tuition assistance and interactive play items for the visitation room at the Department of Children’s Services. Your generosity touches a foster child’s life in many ways.
If you, your family, church or civic organization is interested in donating to the Christmas Giving program, please do so here.
Sponsor a child here.
Thank you for ensuring that this will be a memorable holiday for foster children in Sullivan County. You are a true example of generosity and the spirit of giving during this Christmas season.
To assist with the purchase and distribution of the gifts, please follow the guidelines listed below. If you have any questions, do not hesitate to contact us.
- Suggested spending: $150-$200 per child. All gifts must be new.
- Please wrap all gifts and place them in a large plastic bag. Indicate on the wish list which items were purchased to avoid duplication. When possible, please include gift receipts in an envelope in the event an exchange is necessary. Print the child’s name on the envelope. Staple the envelope and wish list securely to the outside of the plastic bag.
Please deliver the gifts to:
St. Pauls Episcopal Church (map)
161 E. Ravine St.
Kingsport, TN 37660
Drop off dates and times:
- Wednesday, November 28 between 11:00 am and 1:00 pm
- Thursday, November 29th from 5:00 pm to 7:00 pm
Pick up dates and times:
- Friday, November 30th between 5:00 pm and 7:00 pm
- Saturday, December 1st between 10:00 am and 12:00 pm
Receipt of gifts during this time period is vital to allow for distribution by the volunteers.